City Council Meetings
Community members are encouraged to participate in Gilroy City Council meetings. If a regular meeting falls on a holiday, the meeting is rescheduled to the following Monday, with the exception of the single regular meeting in July, which will fall on the first day of the month of July not a holiday or a Friday, Saturday or Sunday. View the City Council Meeting Schedule.
Fred TovarMayor Pro Tempore
Rebeca ArmendarizCouncil Member
Dion BraccoCouncil Member
Zach HiltonCouncil Member
Peter Leroe-MunozCouncil Member
Carol MarquesCouncil Member
The Council has established protocols and procedures in order to conduct Council business in the most effective manner possible.
Council Representative Seats
City Council Members serve as Gilroy Council representatives on various local and regional Boards, Associations and Committees. Here is a full listing of these appointments. 2021
Agency Report of Public Official Appointments
The Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) regulation 18705.5 requires each agency to post on its website a single FPPC Form 806 which lists all additional compensation paid to its elected city officials when appointed to representative positions on committees, boards and commissions of another agency or authority. The form was prepared by the FPPC and is available at www.fppc.ca.gov.
Agendas for regular meetings are available the Wednesday afternoon prior to each meeting, along with the meeting material. Draft minutes of each meeting are available within ten business days of the meeting. All of these records are available online
Gilroy Council Goals
The City Council has identified five Goals for Fiscal Year 2022 and Fiscal Year 2023, each with equal priority:
- Develop a Financially Resilient Organization that Relies on Local Revenues and Resources
- Maintain and Improve City Infrastructure Including Streets, Facilities, and Incorporates Green Energy Practices
- Promote Economic Development Activities that Create Opportunities for Quality Employment and Increase the City's Tax Base
- Ensure Neighborhood Equity from City Services Including Public Safety, Streets, Parks, and Recreation
- Promote Availability of Safe, Affordable Housing for all Gilroy Residents