SPECIAL EVENT PERMITS
Santa Clara County Health Officer - Mandatory Directive for Gatherings
Issued on: July 14, 2020
Revised: December 4, 2020
Under the State's December 3, 2020 Regional Stay at Home Order and the County Health Officer's December 4, 2020 Mandatory Directive Implementing State's Stay At Home Order, all gatherings with members of other households, whether indoors or outdoors, are temporarily prohibited, except outdoor religious worship services, political events, and cultural ceremonies of up to 100 people.
This restriction shall be in effect between December 6, 2020 at 10:00 p.m. and January 4, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. The rules below allowing gatherings other than those specified above are not operative while this restriction is in effect.
A special event is required if any of the following conditions meet the requirements:
- Large Scale Meeting
- Live music
- Blocking of Streets
- Parade or Procession
- Use of sound amplifying system of any kind or any other similar display
For additional details and or examples to determine if your event requires a Special Event Permit, refer to the Special Events and Block Party Brochure in the Resources column.
A SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT needs to be applied for at least 30 days prior to the event date.
- Obtain a Special Event Permit Application.
- If renting a City Park, call the Recreation Department (408) 846-0460, Park Rentals first and process a reservation.
- Complete the Special Event Permit Application Form. Complete pages 1 and 2, sign page 4 and 5 if applicable, and attach a site plan. Include a traffic control plan and neighborhood notification plan if blocking streets. If you are using any Public Property a Certificate of Insurance naming the City of Gilroy as also insured, including an Endorsement page, must be provided.
- Turn in the form 30 days prior to the event date. The completed application can be emailed to Christina.Ruiz@cityofgilroy.org
- If there is additional information requested or the application was found incomplete you will be contacted via email and asked to make the application complete. If the application was approved you will be emailed or contacted to pay any fees and/or provide any additional documents such as a Temporary Health Permit, ABC License, Business License, etc.
- For final processing, pay any fees due to the Finance Department. Form of payment by credit card, please call the Finance Department at 408-846-0420 or by check mailed to: Attn: Business Licensing/Special Events Permits, City of Gilroy, 7351 Rosanna St, Gilroy CA 95020. You will then receive an emailed copy of your Final Special Event Permit.