Animal Bites

Reporting a Bite
State law requires that all animal bites be reported to animal control. If you are bitten by an animal or your animal bites someone, please notify the Gilroy Police Department. A police officer or the animal control officer will take a bite report. We also advise that you seek medical attention for all animal bites.

To report an animal bite, please contact: Gilroy Police Department non-emergency number 408-846-0350, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.