The City of Gilroy helps to fund some agencies which provide emergency housing assistance.
- 24-Hour Domestic Violence / Sexual Assault Crisis Hotline:
Phone | 877-363-7238
Community Solutions: La Isla Pacifica Shelter for Victims of Domestic Violence and Their Children
Call 408.779.2113 during normal business hours and the crisis hotline 877.363.7238 after hours.
Arturo Ochoa Winter Shelter (referral required)
Address | 901 Arizona Circle Gilroy, CA 95020
Do not show up to the site or call the Ochoa Winter Shelter.
Interested persons should call the temporary housing/shelter call center "Here4You" at (408) 385-2400 from 9 am to 7 pm.
- Seasonal, short-term shelter in operation from December 16, 2022 to March 15, 2023 for unhoused families with at least one dependent under the age of 18
- Anticipate serving 35 households
- Will start accepting referrals November 14, 2022 and will prioritize referrals from designated partner agencies
- Homelessness will be verified by Saint Joseph’s Family Center (SJFC) staff (408) 842-6662
Gilroy Armory Winter Shelter Extended Hours due to Pandemic (referral required)
Located at 8490 Wren Ave, Gilroy, CA 95020, the Armory Winter Shelter's hours of operation have been extended indefinitely during the shelter in place order. The temporary 24-hour shelter is limited to 75 persons during the pandemic. Interested persons should call the temporary housing/shelter call center “Here4 You” at (408) 385-2400 from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.
The operators ask a series of questions and someone from the triage call back team will return a call within 24-74 hours. Gilroy residents must specify if they are only interested in staying at the Gilroy Shelter.
John H. Boccardo Family Living Center
Phone | 408-686-1300
Address | 17545 Monterey Road San Martin, CA 95046