- City Hall
- Boards, Commissions & Committees
- Planning Commission
About the Commission
The Planning Commission is a 7-member body which acts as an advisory body to the City Council on matters pertaining to land use. Planning Commissioners serve a 4-year term.
The Commission’s duties are as follows:
- Reviews and has decision making authority over planning applications for specified land use entitlements including conditional use permits and variances from the City's development standards
- Reviews and makes recommendations to the City Council regarding planning applications for subdivisions, General Plan amendments, zoning ordinance and map amendments, specific plans, and planned unit developments
- Reviews and makes recommendations to the City Council regarding applicable programs in the Housing Element*
- Reviews and makes recommendations on applications for significant alteration or demolition of a historic resource*
- Makes recommendations to City Council on street names, when applicable*
- Reviews applications involving development related to bicyclists and pedestrians**
*: On January 10, 2022, the City Council of the City of Gilroy adopted Resolution No. 2022-02 to consolidate the following advisory bodies: Housing and Neighborhood Revitalization Committee, Historic Heritage Committee, and the Street Naming Committee, and placing their associated board functions under the authority of the Planning Commission.
**: On January 24, 2022, the City Council of the City of Gilroy adopted Ordinance No. 2022-01 to consolidate the Bicycle Pedestrian Commission and placing their associated board functions under the authority of the Planning Commission and Parks and Recreation Commission for infrastructure planning and development review.
- 6:00 p.m.
- The 1st Thursday of every month
- City Council Chambers
7351 Rosanna St.
Gilroy, CA 95020
Chair: Manny BhandalPlanning Commissioner
Term Expires: 12/31/22
Vice Chair: Annedore KushnerPlanning Commissioner
Term Expires: 12/31/2025
Joan LewisPlanning Commissioner
Term Expires: 12/31/24
Stefanie EllePlanning Commissioner
Term Expires: 12/31/23
Adriana LeongardtPlanning Commissioner
Term Expires: 12/31/2025
Kelly RamirezPlanning Commissioner
Michelle MontezPlanning Commissioner
Planning Commission Meeting Material has Moved!
View the most recent videos, agendas, and minutes.
All City Council, Planning Commission, and other advisory body's Agenda, Agenda Packets, Minutes, and Meeting videos from 2018 through 2022 are currently available through the previous agenda portal.