Special Event Permits
- Block Party
- Blocking of Streets
- Large Scale Meeting or Fundraiser
- Live Music
- Outdoor Festival
- Parade or Procession
- Use of sound amplifying system of any kind or any other similar display
A SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT needs to be applied for at least 30 days prior to the event date. No exceptions. This helps to ensure that we can help you submit all the required information for approval, prior to your event.
Please be advised that you will be required to submit an Insurance Certificate and Endorsement for One (1) Million Dollars liability and naming the City of Gilroy as also insured. This insurance is required for both publicly accessible and private events on public property (e.g., parks) and in the public right-of-way (e.g., roads).
Click HERE to download a City of Gilroy Special Event Permit Application.
If you have questions, please contact one of the following:
- If your event is held at a city park or city-owned facility, contact the Recreation Division at Rec@cityofgilroy.org, (408) 846-0460, or in-person, Gilroy Senior Center Recreation Office, 7371 Hanna Street.
- For all other events, contact the Community Development Department at email@example.com, 408-846-0244, or in-person, City Hall, 7351 Rosanna Street.
- If there is additional information requested or the application was found incomplete, you will be contacted. That includes but not limited to paying any fees and/or provide any additional documents such as a Temporary Health Permit, ABC License, or Business License.
- Any public event that sells or distributes food shall follow the County Department of Health Food Safety Requirements and obtain permits from them as required. Call County of Santa Clara Department of Environmental Health for temporary event food permitting information: (408) 918-3400 or