Utility Relief Program
Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program – City Informational Webpage
The Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program or LIHWAP is a program with the goal of providing financial assistance to low-income residents in Gilroy to help manage their residential water utility bills. The LIHWAP can provide one payment to help pay for existing past due balances on water and wastewater bills per one low-income household. LIHWAP helps pay overdue bills which accrued during any timeframe. There is no date restriction for when the overdue amount occurred.
Local Service Provider
To find assistance paying your water or wastewater utility bill, contact the local LIHWAP service provider in your area to get more information and apply. Residents must apply through Santa Clara County local service provider.
Sacred Heart Community Service. Sacred Heart Community Service is partnering with the Santa Clara Valley Water District and the Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) to provide water assistance relief to extremely-low income households impacted by the pandemic. Availability of LIHWAP services is subject to household eligibility, availability of funding, and other factors.
If you have any questions or would like to make an appointment, please call (877) 278-6455.
To find out more about Sacred Heart Community Service, go to their website for more information.
How to apply for services:
Sacred Heart Community Service
- By phone: (877) 278-6455
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download an application: https://www.sacreadheartcs.org/
- In person: 1381 S. First Street, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- A residential/included in rent/submetered water bill issued in the last 60 days.
- Meet income guidelines listed below or participate in a public assistance program. Proof required.
- Completed application for assistance.
- Monthly household income cannot exceed 60% SMI (State Median Income). Proof of income required. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>