What is "GO Permit"?
Gilroy Online Permit (GO Permit) is the City's new enhanced and integrated online permit and inspection service system for residential and commercial projects. For new permits issued after June 19, 2023, GO Permit will provide customers with 24-hour online permit access to submit applications, seek permits and approvals, initiate and track plan review status, schedule inspections and view statuses and results, and more.
How does GO Permit improve the customer experience?
GO Permit enhances the overall customer experience when seeking City permits by streamlining processes, providing access to real-time status updates, and better preserving historical records relating to individual parcels.
GO Permit's new online features for customers:
- Apply for Building, Planning, Engineering Encroachment, and Fire permits online,
- Track the progress of your application and plan review online, and
- Schedule and track inspections online.
Get Started Now
Review the Customer User Guide for detailed step-by-step instructions. Follow these easy steps to get started using GO Permit!
- Click here to take you to the GO Permit portal.
- Create an account to use the system or log into your existing account.
- Submit your application. Follow the Electronic Plan Check Guide.
Payment for Permit
Below are your four options for payment to the City of Gilroy. If paying by check, please make the checks payable to the City of Gilroy.
- Phone Payments: Payment can be made using a credit card over the phone by calling a Building staff member at (408) 846-0437 or a Planning staff member at (408) 846-0440 . Be sure to have your credit card and invoice number (also known as Reference ID/Permit No.) ready. Please leave a contact name and call back number should you get a voicemail. A staff member will call you back in the order received. (This option is only available if the combined total amount is less than $10,000.)
- Walk-in Payments: Credit cards and check payments are accepted for permits at the Building and Planning counters; all other payment types must be made through the Finance Department. Hours of operation are from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Thursday, except for City observed Holidays.
- Mail-in Payments: When mailing your check, include a copy of your invoice. Payment can be mailed to the below address:
ATTN: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
City of Gilroy
7351 Rosanna Street
Gilroy, CA 95020
- Drive-through, Drop-box: The Drive-through, Drop-box is located outside of Gilroy City Hall's parking lot by the corner of Seventh and Rosanna Streets. Ensure your check and invoice are sealed in an envelope and on the outside it states COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT.