Applications are now being accepted for flying commemorative flags at City Hall for the 2023 calendar year. Applications must be received with all required signature sheets to City Hall, attention: Sr. Analyst Bryce Atkins, by 4:30 PM on October 31, 2022. Please note that for signature verification purposes, the original signature sheets with original signatures must be submitted.
Please review the Flag Flying Policy for detailed instructions regarding the requirements for requesting the City to display a commemorative flag. In general, applications require the following:
- Applicant contact information
- Name and a full-color image of the commemorative flag
- A statement of explanation or purpose of the commemorative flag
- The month in which the commemorative flag is requested to be displayed
- A minimum of 150 signatures from registered voters in Gilroy
- An application fee
Complete applications will be presented to City Council for consideration during a City Council meeting held before the end of December.
For more information about the application and approval process, visit: https://www.cityofgilroy.org/963/Flag-Flying-Applications.