The City is currently in the process of updating the Housing Element, which outlines Gilroy’s future goals, policies, and programs to help the City meet the housing needs of the community from 2023 – 2031.
The Housing Element was drafted in-line with the direction set forth by the City’s General Plan and is designed to provide a pathway for the City to:
- Meet the Regional Housing Needs Allocation (RHNA) set by the state.
- Meet the housing needs of lower- and moderate-income households.
- Where appropriate and possible, remove governmental constraints to housing development.
- Conserve, preserve, and improve the condition of existing affordable housing.
- Promote equal housing opportunities.
The Draft 2023-2031 Housing Element is available online for public review at gilroy.city/HEU.
The public is invited to provide public comment on the draft. The City will be holding a public meeting(s) within the next month to review the draft and recommendations, followed by an opportunity for the public to provide comment. More details on this meeting(s) will be provided as they become available.
Comments are also welcome by email to email@example.com or can be mailed to 7351 Rosanna Street, Gilroy, CA 95020 (attn: Cindy McCormick).
For more information about the Housing Element, including videos of past meetings, the August 29th presentation, and frequently asked questions, please visit the Housing Element page on the City’s website: gilroy.city/HEU.