Official Letter in English
Official Letter in Spanish
Sample Billing Statement
Dear Utility Customer:
As part of the City of Gilroy’s multi-year technology upgrades aimed to bring our customer experience up to the modern standards, the City will be transitioning to a new utility billing and customer information system next month. As part of this transition, we are excited to share that we will be providing you with a new format for your utility billing statement beginning with your January 2023 services bill. Please find a sample of the new statement enclosed. Your new billing statement is a key element of the implementation of the new system. This change will provide you with additional billing information, a cleaner presentation of your account and overall a better support experience.
What will change:
- Customers will see changes to how the fees and charges are detailed or itemized. This is to ensure transparency of all charges and fees applicable on your account.
- Customers will see a new customer number assigned.
- Each monthly bill will have its unique invoice number.
- The back of the statement will provide additional pertinent information regarding rates, services, and contact information for emergencies.
- A graph displaying a twelve (12) month Water Consumption History.
What will not change:
- Your account number will remain the same.
- Your billing cycle will remain on monthly billing.
- Your billing statement date will still be at the beginning of each month and payments will still be due on the last business day of the month.
- The payment remittance name and address will remain the same.
- Your Online BillPay login will remain the same and if you are currently setup for automatic payments, your payment draft will occur on the same monthly date.
- As we transition to the new system, the City’s Online BillPay website will be unavailable starting February 1, 2023 to approximately February 6, 2023. The January 2023 services bill and the City’s online BillPay website will be available February 7, 2023.
- No shut-off for late or non-payment will occur during this transition month.
- No penalties will be assessed for late payments during this transition month.
How can you help:
- To ensure proper and timely application of your payments to your account, please ensure the remittance portion of the monthly bill is included with the mailed or drop-off check payments. In addition, please note the invoice # on the memo. line of the check payment.
Should you have any questions upon receiving your new billing statement, please reach out to our representatives, via phone at 408-846-0420 or via email at UB@cityofgilroy.org.
City of Gilroy